EXTRON Skew-Free UTP/1000 Enhanced Skew-Free A/V UTP Cable - 1000' (305 m) spool
Enhanced Skew-Free A/V UTP Cable - 1000' (305 m) spool
||Enhanced Skew-Free A/V UTP Plenum Cable
Extron patented Skew-Free UTP is designed exclusively for systems utilizing Extron VT, MTP, and TP Series Twisted Pair transmitters, receivers, switchers, and distribution amplifiers. It is ideal for the transmission of video, computer signals, and audio, and incorporates a design pioneered by Extron that eliminates the skew or time delay of signals commonly encountered when CAT 5e/6 cable is used. Common CAT 5e/6 cable can have internal twisted pairs that vary greatly in length, causing image distortion. A difference in length in one twisted pair will produce a noticeable misalignment of the primary colors displayed. With Extron Enhanced Skew-Free AV UTP cable, the length of each twisted pair carrying RGB computer video signals is uniform so the signals arrive at the receiver simultaneously.
Utilizing a design exclusive to Extron, Enhanced Skew-Free AV UTP Cable increases overall isolation performance, which reduces crosstalk. This ensures minimal distortion and improved integrity of the signal, resulting in improved picture quality.
This cable eliminates the need to use skew compensation cables or skew equalizers, saving time and lowering installation costs. In addition, Enhanced Skew-Free AV UTP Cable is a fraction of the size of coaxial cable and less expensive. Due to its small size and flexibility, it is space efficient and easy to pull.
Extron Enhanced Skew-Free AV UTP Cable is comprised of four, color-coded twisted pairs of 23 AWG wires and can be terminated with RJ-45 connectors. The plenum version of the Extron Enhanced Skew-Free AV UTP Cable has a plenum-rated jacket constructed with special fire protectant agents for use in applications where National Electric Code CMP cable must be installed. Plenum cable can be run through open air spaces, eliminating the need for conduit and reducing installation costs.
- Engineered for use with Extron VT, MTP, and TP Series analog twisted pair products — This patent pending cable is designed exclusively for systems utilizing Extron analog twisted pair transmitters, receivers, switchers, and distribution amplifiers
- Eliminates skew or time delays of signals — Extron Enhanced Skew-Free cable incorporates an exclusive patent pending design that eliminates the skew or time delay of signals, and increases overall isolation performance for reduced crosstalk, ensuring minimal distortion and improved signal integrity and picture quality.
- Four 23 AWG unshielded twisted pairs — This cable features four color-coded, unshielded twisted pairs of 23 AWG conductors. A fraction of the size of coaxial cable, this space-efficient cable is flexible and easy to pull.
- Plenum and Non-Plenum rated versions available — Extron Enhanced Skew-Free AV UTP cable is available with a NEC-CM non-plenum or NEC-CMP plenum-rated SuperFlex jacket. Plenum-rated cable is for use in open air spaces without conduit, thereby reducing installation cost, where National Electric Code CMP cable must be installed.
- Spools of 1,000 feet (305 m) in self-dispensing box