ARX USB DI Transformer isolated dual channel USB audio to balanced XLR output DI box
USB DI Dual Channel unit only
In keeping with our policy of creating essential audio interfaces, ARX is excited to present the new ARX USB DI - a true Plug and Play digital to analog pro audio interface. It removes the need to use any existing sound card outputs, with their inherent noisy environment and problematic grounding.
It features full transformer balanced output isolation to eliminate earth loops / ground hum and other extraneous interaction noise and distortion.
Plug and Play
The USB DI installs as a fully compatible generic USB audio device, requiring no special driver program installation on Mac OSX, Win XP, Vista and Windows 7
The front panel has a Type B USB input connector and two transformer balanced analog audio XLR Line out connectors for connecting to any standard balanced analog input.
A status LED on the front panel indicates that the USB DI is connected and operating.
The USB DI is housed in a heavy duty all-steel chassis finished in attractive matt textured powdercoat, with hardwearing epoxy screen printing and slip resistant rubber pads. It is ideal for interfacing any USB equipped computer (especially notebook computers) with the balanced inputs of professional sound systems.
Security features include Kensington®-type computer lock slot and optional bracket kit for under-table mounting.
The USB DI is available in Dual Channel format, and is hand made in Australia
USB Di Schematic Diagram
Input Connector USB type B port
Output Impedance 300 Ohms Transformer Balanced
Output Level Maximum nominal output level 0dB
USB - System dependent
ISO transformer - Enviroment sensitive
Frequency Response 20 - 20 KHz ± 0.5 dB
Power Operating current via USB Port 80mA
2 x Male XLR, wired Pin 2 + Hot, Pin 3 – Cold. Pin 1 Floating / not connected
All-steel powdercoated chassis, fibreglass PCB, epoxy printing,
slip-resistant rubber feet
- Windows PC running Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, Mac running OS X or later
- USB port
98SE will need the Win 98SE CD Rom to install driver. However, in reality if you're serious about music you'll already be using a later operating system
The complete product range comprises:- (Option)
- USB-DI - Transformer isolated dual channel USB audio to balanced XLR output DI box
- AV DI - Dual channel Active direct box specially configured for AV applications
- Ear Driver - Headphone amplifier
- ISO Balancer - Dual channel unbalanced to balanced line converter
- ISO De-Balancer - Unique dual channel balanced to unbalanced line converter
- ISO Later - Single or Dual channel transformer isolater
- ISO Splitter - Single or Dual channel one to two transformer splitter
- Optimizer - A unique transformer isolated Level optimizer fropm the Audibox range
- DI Preamp - Single or Dual channel ultra compact mic preamp
- Pro DI - Single or Dual channel compact direct box
- Audibox PSU - Power supply for multiple Audibox units