RODE NTG5 Kit Shotgun Condenser Microphone with Supercardioid Polar Pattern
One of the shortest and lightest-weight shotgun mics in the industry, the Rode NTG5 sets a new standard for location recording professionals. An acclaimed innovator in shotgun mic technology, Rode designed the NTG5 to deliver superior results across a wide range of demanding applications. Whether you’re involved in ENG or booming motion pictures, you’ll appreciate the NTG5’s rugged, ultra-lightweight construction and crystal clear, broadcast-quality sonics. Featuring a revolutionary acoustic design with circular ports instead of the linear slots found on other shotgun mics, the NTG5 captures dialogue and other sound sources with exceptional transparency and a natural, uncolored sound. With its tailored, linear frequency response, supercardioid pickup with smooth off-axis response, and exemplary low self-noise, the NTG5 is essential kit for your run bag.
Revolutionary acoustic design
The NTG5 represents a complete re-think of the shotgun mic. The first thing you’ll notice are the circular acoustic perforations along the length of the microphone — a revolutionary design resulting from months of rigorous testing. Rode’s annular line tube technology provides stunning acoustic transparency and a natural, uncolored sound for superb performance in a wide variety of applications. Location sound pros at Millionhead have put the NTG5 through the paces: whether mounted on a boom pole, video camera, or the included pistol grip, the NTG5 delivers the goods under challenging conditions where failure is not an option.
A boom operator’s dream
The NTG5’s short, amazingly lightweight aluminum body weighs a scant 2.68 ounces, making it a dream for boom operators on long, demanding shoots; or filmmakers and sound mixers who want a lighter weight, more portable rig that captures broadcast-grade audio. The NTG5’s RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure reliability in adverse environments. With remarkable resistance to wet conditions, high humidity, severe cold, and dust; you can deploy the NTG5 anywhere with supreme confidence.
Put Rode’s expertise to work for you
Since the 2005 release of the NTG1, Rode has become a major player in shotgun microphones. The company followed up with the NTG2 and their award-winning NTG3, which set a new standard for professional shotgun mics. Now, the NTG5 spearheads the next generation of Rode shotgun technology — the culmination of 28 years of R&D into high-performance microphones for film and broadcast. The NTG5 comes in a complete location sound kit that includes the WS10 windshield, an ergonomic pistol grip, and other accessories — everything you need for your next field recording assignment!
- Revolutionary annular line tube technology acoustic design
- Captures natural, uncolored, broadcast-quality sound
- Deliver superior results across a wide range of demanding applications
- Extremely lightweight (2.68 ounces) and short in length (7.99")
- Tailored frequency response; very low self-noise of just 10dBA
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern with smooth off-axis response
- RF-bias technology and conformal coating for superior performance and reliability in adverse environmental conditions
- Kit includes PG2-R Grip, RM5 Microphone Clip, WS10 Windshield, ZP1 Small Pouch Bag, and PG2-R Pro Cable
- Microphone Type:Shotgun Condenser
- Polar Pattern:Supercardioid
- Frequency Response:100Hz-20kHz (±3dB)
- Output Impedance:25 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio:84dB
- Self Noise:10dB SPL A-weighted
- Power:48V Phantom Power
- Weight:0.17 lbs.
- Included Accessories:PG2-R Grip, Windshield, Carry Bag, RM5 Mic Clip, Cable, Foam
- Manufacturer Part Number:NTG5KIT